I'll post my comments on the rules later on today, but in the meantime here's a quick round up of substantive commentary from around the blogosphere regarding the New York lawyer advertising rules that go into effect on February 1, 2007:
- Legal Blog Watch: N.Y. Advertising Rules Are Out: Let the Ranting Begin!
- Between Lawyers: New NY Advertising Rules Are Out There
- Legal Ease Blog: 2007 Changes to the New York Ethical Rules Re: Lawyer Advertising
- f/k/a: New York lawyer ad rules — “retention” and more
- Larry Bodine's Law Marketing Blog: Final NY Advertising Rules are Atrocious
- Antitrust Review: A Quick Glance at the new New York State Attorney Advertising Regulations
UPDATE: A Buffalo Law Journal article on the proposed rules can be found here.
My prior posts on this issue can be found here.