Yes check (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Lately I've been busy writing blog posts for the MyCase blog and writing articles and blogs posts for the ABA GPSolo eReport, Ms. JD, and starting this Friday, I'll be blogging bi-weekly at the Lawyerist blog as well.
For those who are interested, here are links to some of my recent posts:
- Automating attorney functions: The discussion continues (MyCase blog)
- App Check: Zite [non-legal] [news] (MyCase blog)
- Can you automate the practice of law? (MyCase blog)
- What Lawyers Need to Know About Choosing Cloud Computing Platforms (MyCase blog)
- App Check:TrialPad [legal][trial] (MyCase blog)
- App Check: Gate Guru [non-legal] [travel] (MyCase blog)
- Instagram and the Future of the Legal Profession (MyCase blog)
- Google’s Project Glass: Should Lawyers be Worried About 24/7 Connectivity? (MyCase blog)
- Client Portals: The Future of Law Practice Management? (MyCase blog)
- ProductNote: Typi Folio Case and Wireless Keyboard for iPad2 (ABA GPSolo Report)
- Women lawyers: Use technology to achieve success (Ms. JD blog)
I've also been busy speaking about the intersection of law and technology this year at the following venues:
- May 8, 2012--"Social Media and the Courtroom"--RIT graduate class
- April 26, 2012 -- KEYNOTE--"Social Media for Lawyers: The Next Frontier"--Law Society of Upper Canada--Toronto, Canada
- March 9, 2012 -- "The Ethics of using Social Media for Trial Prep"--Monroe County Public Defender's Office--Rochester, New York
- January 30, 2012 -- "Global Trends in Law and Technology –an Analysis and Roundtable Discussion"--LegalTech New York
- January 26, 2012 -- "Social Media for Lawyers"--Toronto, Canada law firm
In addition, I'll be speaking about the ethics of social media in a few weeks at the Monroe County Bar Association and will be speaking at 2 different plenary sessions about both social media and cloud computing at a conference in Nova Scotia in July.
Nicole Black is a Rochester, New York attorney and the Vice President of Business Development and Community Relations at MyCase, a powerful and intuitive cloud-based law practice management platform. She is also a GigaOM Pro Analyst and is the author of the ABA book Cloud Computing for Lawyers, co-authors the ABA book Social Media for Lawyers: the Next Frontier, and co-authors Criminal Law in New York, a West-Thomson treatise. She is the founder of lawtechTalk.com and speaks regularly at conferences regarding the intersection of law and technology. She publishes four legal blogs and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.