Image via Wikipedia
Today on Twitter and Facebook I asked my followers to recommend a good book that they'd recently read. I got a ton of replies and thought I'd share them here.
- @blogdesigner: I recently started re-reading "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill because it adds a fire under my ass to push forward in biz
- @jesshoffman: When Words Collide - Kessler. Cover to cover...again. Why? Because technology makes my writing lazy & law school makes it dull.
- @techmanchild: Ken Follett is a manchild. Fall of Giants was and is spectacular.
- @DannyMJohnson: The Help. I know it's a girl book but I LOVED it! Just started the memoir by Michael Oher from the Blind Side...We'll see
- @pckaufma: "The Next Level" by @ScottEblin - direct instruction on how to live in the moment while moving into the future as a leader
- @amy_z: I'd recommend Girls on the Edge -"best book on state of girls and young women in America" http://bit.ly/foBxUB
- @andyarnold: The Moral Landscape by Sam Harris. Presents a rational argument 4 morality--w/out myth. Emphasis on "well-being."
- @SterlingEdSrv: One of my personal favorites is Pastwatch by Orson Scott Card.
- Carla Marie Ciampa: OK, I just read "By Nightfall" by Michael Cunningham. Fiction. Interesting book about couple at a ho-hum stage of middle-age, middle income, middle class ho-hum life. (Not "rock your world" good, but moments of true insight.)
- Stephanie West Allen (@idealawg): The new book "Succeed" by Halvorson is the best book I have read on goal setting.
The author bases the book on research. Best of all, she recognizes that effective goal setting...
- Robert Blankenship (@rjblankenship): The Art of De-motivation by E.L. Kersten Ph.D. available from Despair.com It is an excellent look at our economy and management of a business.
- Larry Port (@larryport): Best book for me of 2010: The Given Day by Dennis Lehane. 2009: The Big Switch, Nick Carr.
- Ann Penners Bergen: Henning Mankell: The Fifth Woman - Swedish murder mystery writer, very cozy and very interesting at the same time.